Knowledgebase & FAQ
How often should I perform a RecFind re-index?
Although some sites schedule a re-index to occur at set intervals (e.g. once a month), there are only certain times when a re-index must be performed, they are:
- If you delete/purge a lot of information from your database (as the information will still be in the index)
- If your index becomes corrupted (ie. receive a 'decompression failure' or 'flushbatch' error when performing a text search)
- After installing a RecFind upgrade if we've made changes to the indexing functions (release notes will specify whether one is required)
- If you make changes to the indexing options (ie. modify soundexing/conflation options or minimum word size, etc)
- To assist in troubleshooting text search issues
For more detailed information on RecFind's indexing, please see our FAQ on "What is the text search estimate? Why does it eliminate results?".