How do I program a Datalogic F734 Portable Barcode Reader?
When you turn on the Datalogic F734 Portable Barcode Reader, the following
appears on the screen:
The F734 Portable Barcode Reader's battery has expired or the RecFind
program is not installed.
The RecFind software for the F734 needs to be installed. This is done
by completing the following steps:
- Ensure that the reader is connected
correctly. This means that one end of the cable is connected to the port marked HOST on the
cradle (this may be labelled "DON'T USE"), the other
end must be connected to the COM1 serial port on the PC.
Note: If you have an existing program installed, reset the Barcode Reader
by inserting a straightened paper clip into the small hole located
next to the Scan button and press the Scan button. It will beep
with the following screen, push the up arrow key to erase the program.
\/ = No /\ = Yes
- Place the F734 in to the cradle.
The following will be displayed on the F734:
- Place the floppy disk labelled 'RecFind F734
software' into the
- Browse to the Floppy drive and double click on the INSTALL.BAT
file. (If the files have been e-mailed to you extract them into a folder,
then browse to that folder and double click on the INSTALL.BAT file).
- The following screen will appear, wait until the program has fully
- When completely downloaded the F734 will beep several times.
When it is ready for use the following screen is displayed.
|1. Receive List
2. Collect Data
3. Transmit Data
» Back to FAQ index