How often should I perform a RecFind re-index?
Although some sites schedule a re-index to occur at set intervals
(e.g. once a month), there are only certain times when a re-index must
be performed, they are:
- If you delete/purge a lot of information
from your database (as the information will still be in the index)
- If your index becomes corrupted (ie.
receive a 'decompression failure' or 'flushbatch' error when
performing a text search)
- After installing a RecFind upgrade if
we've made changes to the indexing functions (release notes will
specify whether one is required)
- If you make changes to the indexing
options (ie. modify soundexing/conflation options or minimum word
- To assist in troubleshooting text search
For more detailed information on RecFind's indexing, please see our
FAQ on "What is the text search
estimate? Why does it eliminate results?".
» Back to FAQ index